With New Year’s Resolutions a fading memory, it’s time to renew your focus on eating healthy again.
With that in mind, I’m announcing a Spring Healthy Eating Challenge.
It’s designed to help you change your eating for the better, making small changes, and doing it with friends and family.
How does it work? It’s based on the principles I used to change my life, losing 70 lbs. over the course of a couple years, and keeping it off for about nine years now.
Here’s the challenge:
- Pick one small healthy change to make a week (see list below).
- Commit publicly to the challenge, and tell everyone what your change is each week (optional).
- Put your entire focus on making that change happen. Set reminders, put visual reminders around your house.
- Review at the end of each week. Did you do 5+ days of your change? Success! Tell everyone about it. If not, figure out what your obstacle is and plan to beat it.
- If you were successful, pick another change to make the next week, but also continue your first change. By the end of the four weeks, you should have four solid changes if all goes well. If you weren’t successful, just continue the same change (or pick a different one if you didn’t like that one) and try again, but this time with a plan to get around the obstacle.